Hiya all!!! Hope you caught my post last Sunday where I’m now setting weekly goals. If not, check it out here. I set 3 goals that I have listed here:
1) Prepare Road to California block for Yahoo group Quilt_Makers_International.
2) Get the lace on 4 Haiti dresses.
3) Work on my medical binder.
1) I got 2 blocks done, and they’re ready to mail now. Just have to wait until Tuesday for the Post Office to open.
2) I got lace pinned on 5 dresses, but not sewn on. The pinning takes the longest amount of time, so I’m counting this as a completion too.
3) Only did a little work on my binders this week, so not so good there. Didn’t get as much done on them as I wanted to.
So I’ll say I got 2 out of the 3 accomplished. I’m not going to have much time this week, as I train for my new job on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Yep, I got the position at Burke Hospice and Palliative Care. It’s a weekend job, so I’ll have the weekdays free to do my other things—Burke Quilter’s Guild, volunteer at Thrifts and Gifts, sew, crochet, read, play with the pups, and other such goodies. I’m finding I’m happier by being busy, and that can only be a good thing. Just don’t wanna overbook myself. But I don’t think this job will do that. It’s not long hours like WalMart was, and it’s something that I think I will like doing, unlike the Super 8 job was. So if I can just make it through 3 days of training, I’ll be fine. Oh, have a doctor’s appointment Thursday morning too. It’s just for a regular recheck this time. No biggie.
Now for my goals for this week.
1) Sew up those 5 dresses that have the lace pinned on.
2) Finish a square for the Moogly 2015 CAL (crochet along). Check that out here, the Moogly Blog. I’ve started on the first square and am about halfway through it. I’d like to finish the purple/pink/buff square and start on the Christmas color square of it. Yep, I’m gonna try to do two afghans at once. Since it’s only one square every two weeks, I think I can handle that. Still continuing to work on Julien’s blanket too. Working on the last—I hope—strip now. Once that’s finished, I’ll be able to measure and see if I need to do anymore strips. Although I’m not setting that as a definite goal to complete, I will work on it some.
3) Get more done on the binders. I’d like to be able to set my goals up in them as I go along too. I’ll do a post on how I’ve got them set up, hopefully in a week or two.
I think that’s enough for this week, considering I’ll be working 5 days. After this week, it should be a lot easier. I’ll be linking up with The Nectar Collective Monday night. Thanks for checking in, have a great night and holiday. Take care, blessed be, hugs!!! Pam