I’m still here—October 8, 2013

Hiya!!! I know, I’ve been MIA again, lol. Just haven’t found the time to sit down and type. Just seems like time slips away from me, and this old computer doesn’t help matters. It’s outdated, too low on memory, and takes me forever to get anything done on it. Maybe I’ll be able to get a new one, one of these days.

Had a lot of personal stuff going on lately. A day at the Southern Women’s Show in Charlotte with Gwen—a wonderful day that left me feeling so good that I woke up laughing out loud that night. That hadn’t happened in a long time. Nephew Chris broke his leg in three places in a freak accident playing softball, and has been dealing with the pain of that. He had to have emergency surgery on it, ending up with a rod and screws put in. I’ve never had the pain of a broken bone, but I can empathize with the pain—I have had two babies, and several surgeries myself. I’m afraid that his pain is more severe, and will last longer than mine though. He’s been tough about it, and is doing well. It’ll just take a long time to completely heal. Mom Barbara, Dad Sput, and Sis Becky have been remarkable, pitching in and taking care of him. I have the most incredible family ever.

He and his family—my sister Barbara, brother-in-law Sput, and niece Becky—have had even more to deal with recently. A wonderful man was taken from this world last Saturday, Sput’s brother, Levi. He was a very good man, strong in his faith, respected by those that knew and loved him, and a joy to his family and friends. He fought a tough physical battle over the past few months and his body at last couldn’t give any more. He will be greatly missed.

Chris was also set to move when he broke his leg, so friends and family pitched in to get that done. Chris broke his leg on a Saturday, Sput had surgery on Monday, and we did the moving on Friday. Dean helped drive Sput’s truck and trailer to South Carolina. Sput drove Chris’ truck back down, and a friend and family member went along to do the heavy stuff. Jamie came down to help out too. We headed out from up here at 7 AM, and got everything loaded and to his new place around 1 that afternoon. He was hurting from the drive, so we got him settled and medicated as soon as possible. The guys did a great job loading and unloading everything. We even packed Jamie’s Jeep. She and I left Chris’ new place around 2 to go back to Mint Hill to get cupcakes and a wedding cake for one of Jamie’s friends. I was the designated cake holder, lol. Our only holdup was getting from 485 onto I-85—took 40 minutes just to switch highways, sheesh. Then the trick was to find the church. Jamie’s GPS gave us the runaround in Gastonia. But we finally made the delivery. The bride-to-be was delighted to see the arrival of the goodies. Next it was back to Morganton to the Freedom High football game. Grandson Nick was performing at the military salute at halftime. He’s in JROTC, and had a solo in the drill. It was great. He did a flawless routine, and we cheered so loud for him. Jamie, Gwen, Julien, Marisa and I had a wonderful time, and Freedom won too, 65 to 14. Go Big Red!!!

I’m taking the Social Media classes again for my business, Pam’s Pretties 57. I hope to have some new items posted on my Etsy shop soon. Have some new scarves and shawls done, just gotta get together with my model and do the photo shoot. She’s hard to get time with though. Jamie is my model, and she works nights and is back in school online too, so her time is limited, and she’s over an hour away from me. I miss having her around and really enjoyed my time with her the other week. And now that I’m gonna be working again too, it’s gonna be hard to schedule a day together. Oh yes, I got the job at the new JoAnn Fabric and Craft store that is being built in Morganton. There’s gonna be a HUGE shopping complex opening up in the next few weeks, and I start work next Monday. I’m really excited about the opportunity, just hope I’m up to it. I only want to work about 20 hours a week, so we’ll see how it goes. It’s been over 8 years since I’ve worked and it’s a bit of a scary proposition. But I’m gonna give it my best, hope I still have it in me.

Well, gonna close it up for now. It’s 1:20 AM, and I’ve got to get to bed. I’ll try to get some new updates on the sewing and other stuff soon. And try not to be so long in posting again. Just gotta get myself better organized. Books have been a big culprit lately too. Got the latest 4 books in the Hollows Series by Kim Harrison, they are soooooooooooo good. And Julien got me hooked on the Pendragon Series too—they’re great too, and he doesn’t have the last one(s). Not sure how many more there are that he doesn’t have. Oh well, I may have to do a search on Amazon, lol. Gotta find out what happens to Halla. Nite everyone, take care, blessed be, hugs!!!


About pamspretties57

I'm a mama, a grandma, an ex-wife, and a creator. I love my family, animals, and my stuff. Not that I'm materialistic, I just have a lot of stuff. My daughter says I'm an organized hoarder lol. I am physically and mentally challenged. I am a diabetic, have heart problems, and am bipolar (depressive side). So my posts may sporadic at times, just bear with me. I'll do my best.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

I'm always glad to hear from you, please feel free to leave a comment. Namaste

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s